What is RoboJunior?
RoboJunior is a Certified Robotics Summer Camp conceptualised by ARK Technosystems
to promote robotics amongst the youth right from grass roots.
This workshop aims to provide a technical platform for the School and Jr. College
students from grade 7 to 12. This workshop is introduced to smoothen their journey
in the field of robotics and to promote robotics right from the grass roots. It
consists of fundamentals and practical concepts of basic electronics, basic mechanics,
robotics and its various applications.
Who should attend?
School and Jr. College students from grade 7th to 12th from State/ICSE/CBSE/IB and
other international boards
Q: What are the charges of School Camp?
Charges are Rs.4000 The kit includes every indispensable material which a School
going Student should be aware of.
What would you learn?
Please See FAQ’s and course content
Apart from this students will also learn the following skill sets:
- The students will learn basics concepts and will gain the practical experience while
working on a robotics kit.
- What we promise the students is not just building robots, but something greater
- a passion for robotics coupled with the knowledge and confidence to take on the
world with their self-made machines.
Detailed Course Content
Robotics is a field where you can apply your knowledge of physics, chemistry, mathematics,
electronics, mechanics etc. This field is the one where your knowledge is put to
The course will be a broad based seminar approach.
- INTRODUCTION TO ROBOTICS AND BASICS OF ROBOTICS
- BASIC SYSTEM IN ROBOTICS
- WIRELESS ROBOTICS
- WIRELESS TRANSMITTER CIRCUIT
- WIRELESS RECEIVER CIRCUIT
- INPUT SYSTEMS
- PROCESSING SYSTEM
- AUTONOMOUS ROBOTS
- MECHANICS IN ROBOTICS
- MODELING A ROBOT
Introduction to Robotics
- Identify the major components of a robot and learn the many ways robots are being
used in industry.
- Follow safety rules and learn how to use and store tools correctly.
- Learn how to work in a team to use teamwork to solve problems, and will serve as
a team leader and a team member.
- Learn the core concepts of physics, robotics, and automation, to include motors,
gears and gear trains, rotational dynamics, friction and traction factors, torque
and power factors, open-loop and closed-loop control systems, and the use of touch,
light, sound, and temperature sensors in an automated systems.
Use of Electricity and Electronics in Robotics:
- DPDT Switches
- Power Supply (AC & DC Supply)
- Resistor, Capacitor & much more.
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Different Motors (DC, Servo, Stepper etc.)
Different Types of Sensors:
Introduction to Various Sensor and application
Various IR (Infrared) Sensor
Robots sensing sound
Hands on session on installing & interfacing sensors
Robotics in Digital World:
Introduction to Various Gates
AND, OR, NAND, NOR, NOT Gates
Solving them wth truth tables and their symbols
Binary function in Robotics
Use of Flow chart for decision
Using this kit, students will make different types of robotic vehicles which can
- Various tasks like,
- Line follower robot.
- Obstacle avoider robot.
- Object follower robot.
- Photophobic robot.
- Phototropic robot.
- Fire fighter robot.
- Wall Follower.
- Sound Resistant Robot
- Mobile Control Robot
- Boomerang Robot
- Line Follower Robot: - As the name suggests our robot in this mode will follow a
line. Our robot will follow white line on black surface or vice versa.
- Obstacle Avoider Robot: - In obstacle avoider robot our robot will sense the obstacle
and will change the path accordingly so it wont be colliding with any obstacle.
- Obstacle Follower Robot: - In obstacle follower robot our robot will sense the obstacle
and will follow the object accordingly.
- Photophobic Robot: - The meaning of “phobia” is to be afraid off, or fear. In photophobic
robot our robot will sense the light and will try to move away from light.
- Phototrophic Robot: - In phototropic robot our robot will sense the light and will
try to move towards the light.
- Fire Fighter Robot: - : Our fire fighting robot will buzz when it will detect fire
and also extinguish it.
- Wall Follower Robot: - We will design our robot in such a way that it will follow
wall. Our robot will not move away from wall or wont collide with wall.
- Sound Resistant Robot: - It will sense the direction from where the sound is coming
and move away from it.
- Mobile Control Robot: - You can control your robot using your mobile phone from
any where in the world.
- Boomerang Robot: - Whenever robot hits the wall it will take 180 degree turn and
will come back to you.
Q: Why is robotics important for my child?
A: Robotics is a truly multi-disciplinary field which combines mechanical, electrical,
electronics and programming domains of science. It is ideal for young students because
it exposes them to hands-on applications of math, science, and engineering concepts.
In addition, robotics motivates children understand how things work and encourages
them to use their creativity and imagination skills during designing robots. India
is still to go a long way as far as introduction of practical element in the education
system is concerned, which robotics does the fun way.
Q: What will my child gain from your camp?
A: RoboJunior aims at “experiencing science and technology through fun way of robotics”.
Working towards this aim, the participants will be taught to design, build and program
autonomous robots. In the process of learning about robotics, a student will experience
the practical aspects of science and technology and develop numerous skills including
problem solving, logical reasoning, creativity, communication and selfconfidence
To know about the camp content and details of the kit, kindly get in touch with
Q: Can my child build and program robots?
A: Offcourse. Use of robotics in education i.e. educational robotics is quite a
common concept in US, UK and Japan. In these countries young students (11-17 yrs.)
have taken to robotics at a very nascent stage of the education. This can be done
only through good training and awareness. We will graduate a student from scratch
to a complete knowledge of autonomous robotics. After this program each child will
be in a position to build and program a robot.
Q: Do we have to pay for registering?
A: The camp is a 5 day long paid activity. However, no payment is required for sending
in a registration request. Payment is required to be done to confirm the registration.
Q: Why should we pay such an amount for this camp?
A: Some highlights of the RoboJunior which would give you an insight into the unique
advantages of the camp are:
- 5-day long program designed by professionals.
- Building and programming a robot
- Starter guide with Activity cook book cum CD
Q: What is so special about the kit?
A: Few of the salient features that make the kit stand out:
Click here to download brochure
Go to the top of the page